report a spill

Dumping of materials into the system is not only a bad idea – it’s against the law.

In Eastern Washington, Call The Corresponding Number Below To Report A Spill Or Stormwater Problem.

Yakima County and the cities of Yakima, Union Gap, and Sunnyside, use 509-574-2300 or
City of Ellensburg:  (509) 962-7230
City of Wenatchee Hotline: (509) 888-3235
Spokane County Stormwater Hotline: 509-477-7525
Walla Walla County’s spill response/report number: (509) 524-2710
City of Richland: 509-942-7480
Spokane Valley: 509-688-0321
City of Walla Walla:  509-527-4363, 509-527-1960 (after normal business hours)
The City of Spokane Hotline: (509) 625-7999
City of Pasco Stormwater Hotline:  509 543 5777
City of Pullman: 509-338-3213
Asotin County, City of Asotin, City of Clarkston: 509-243-2071

If you see an unauthorized discharge or illicit discharge into the storm drain system, please call the number for your local jurisdiction. If you feel this is an emergency, please dial 911.

If you have a spill, CLEAN IT UP! Never wash spilled gasoline, chemicals, paint or oil into the street or gutters. Use kitty litter or absorbent material to capture the liquid, then sweep it up and dispose of it properly. If you can see the spilled material is traveling into the system, use old towels, rags or other absorbent material to stop it and call to report a spill right away.